The two day tour takes you to visit the Golden Temple in Amritsar. The Golden Temple needs no introduction and is the holiest of sites of the Sikh community. Nearby is the Jallianwala Bagh, immortalized in Indian history as the site to one of the bloodiest encounters under colonial rule. You will also be taken to the Wagah border, or the Indo-Pak border where you can witness the colourful closing ceremony.
Day – 1 (New Delhi – Amritsar)
Board Swarn Shatabdi Express at 07:20 Hours from New Delhi Railway Station, Breakfast on Board. Arrival Amritsar Railway Station at 13:25 Hrs. On arrival meet and greet by our representative who will take you to the hotel. Check in hotel. Evening visit Indo-Pak (India- Pakistan) Wagah Border to watch Flag Retreat Ceremony- Wagah, an army outpost on Indo-Pak border 30 Kms from Amritsar where the daily highlight is the evening “Beating the Retreat” ceremony. Soldiers from both countries march in perfect drill, going through the steps of bringing down their respective national flags. As the sun goes down, nationalistic fervour rises and lights are switched on marking the end of the day amidst thunderous applause. Return to hotel. Overnight stay.
Day – 2 (Amritsar – New Delhi)
Morning after breakfast go for city tour with the blessings of Golden Temple- the most important Sikh shrine which is also called Mecca for the Sikhs is a living symbol of the spiritual and historical traditions of the Sikhs followed by visit Jallianwala Bagh- where, on April 13, 1919, British soldiers opened fire on an unarmed forbidden gathering, killing hundreds of civilians. Post lunch visit Maharaja Ranjit Singh Summer Palace Museum- The summer place of Maharaja Ranjit Singh which is situated in the heart of Ram Bagh, Amritsar, Later Drop at Amritsar Railway Station to Board Shatabdi Express to Delhi at 17:00 hours reach Delhi at 22:50 Hrs. End of Tour.
Note– In case you have 2 nights in hand we can work out this package accordingly with leisure time.
Direct flight options [Delhi to Amritsar]
Jet Konnect # 9W-2235 || 08:30/ 09:35 || Aircraft type # ATR-72 ||
Air India # AI-461 || 08:50/ 10:00 || Aircraft Type- Airbus A319 ||
Air India # AI-112 || 12:40/ 13:50 || Aircraft Type- Airbus A319 ||
Direct flight options [Amritsarto Delhi]
Air India AI-462 || 14:40/ 15:50 || Aircraft Type- Airbus A319 ||
Jet Konnect # 9W-2644 || 20:40/ 22:00 || Aircraft type # ATR-72 ||
Jet Konnect # 9W-7151 || 13:40/ 14:45 || Aircraft type # ATR-72 ||
Note on airfare
The domestic airlines in India do have dynamic fare which keeps on changing based on availability of fare level at the time of reservation. There is no system of hold seat but follow an instant purchase rule
- All transfer & sightseeing by proposed car with excellent chauffeur
- Stay on twin sharing basis in the proposed hotels/ similar
- English speaking local guide during sightseeing tour
- Chair Car (Air condition) train ticket Delhi- Amritsar- Delhi in fast train
- Packaged drinking water in the Car/ Van
- All presently applicable taxes
- Entrance fee in monuments is not included in the package price worth INR 150 Per Person
- Due to traffic the car/ van may not be allowed to go up to Golden Temple and Cycle Rickshaw and Tuktuk is available on nominal charge (Direct by guest)
- The sightseeing tour timing is flexible and fully based on guests request
- The package is priced on base category room in the mentioned hotels. In case of non availability of base category room may impact on the package price