Manali is a beautiful and serene hill station set in the majestic Himalayas in the state of Himachal Pradesh. There is much to see and do in Manali from just relaxing, taking in the fresh mountain air amdist stunning settings or indulge in activities such as trekking, hiking and walking along the River Beas. Manali also has lots to offer in terms of shopping especially woollens and Tibetan handicrafts and trinkets. Listed below are some of the things you can see and do in Manali.
The Sacred Temples of Manali
There are a number of ancient temples that are worth seeing.
- Hadimba temple, a beautiful and peaceful place surrounded by the cedar trees is a must visit for its spiritual serenity.
- The other temple is the Vashisht temple which is known for the natural hot water springs, a dip in which is said to heal diseases and make you healthier.
- If you wish to visit a Gurudwara, then you may go to the Maninkaran Sahib, apart from this there are also a number of temples and hot springs to visit in Manikaran, Manali.
- The next on the list is Manu temple which belongs to the sage Manu, a serene place where you can connect at once with your divine self.
Adventure Sports, Trekking, and Skiing
- Manali is also popular for a number of adventure activities that you can perform in the Solang Valley. An adventurers’ delight, here you can do paragliding or see the panoramic view via parachute, do horse riding, zorbing, skiing, glide away through ropeway, have fun in open-jeeps, and so on.
- You may travel 51 km from Manali to Rohtang for trekking amidst the breath-taking view of hills and sledge rides.
- ChandratalBaralcha is yet another perfect destination for trekking lovers which comes in the list of highest altitude lakes of Himalayas.
- The other trekking areas include the Hampta Pass trek, Chandrakhani Pass, Bara BhangalKalihani Trek, Beas Kund trek, Deo Tibba Base Camp Trek, etc.
- If you are a die-hard rafting lover, then you should be ready for some great rides in the Beas river.
Must Visit Distinct Attractions
There are several other sightseeing opportunities in Manali inclding the Clube House, Arjun Gufa, Museum of Himachal Culture & Folk Art, GadhanThekchhokling Gompa Monastery, Gulaba, Bhunter, Naggar, Manali Sanctuary, Van Vihar, and of course Kullu which is situated nearby. In addition, you can visit Rahala Falls, Jogging waterfall, and Jana waterfall.
To be true, this is not all; there is a lot more to explore and see in Manali. If you are visiting Manali, India Highlight Voyages can provide you the experience you are looking for.